Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wingsland S6
I purchased a Wingsland s6 folding drone from Gens Ace and am looking for others with this drone to help me.  I only have access to Android devices and have tried 2 Galaxy phones and 2 tablets.  Each have problems with the Android App.  The most recent one finally from the Playstore will not work on my Galaxy S5 phone as two of the buttons do not show up on the screen and I can not launch the drone.  The buttons do show up on my Tab 10.1 but then the application closed each time. 

When I revert back to the prior version of the App on my Galaxy S5 it works but I can not get out of beginner mode and the FPV freezes up.

Anyone out there using the Android app succsefully?

Thanks in advance.....  Greg
(03-15-2017, 12:29 AM)griegert Wrote: I purchased a Wingsland s6 folding drone from Gens Ace and am looking for others with this drone to help me.  I only have access to Android devices and have tried 2 Galaxy phones and 2 tablets.  Each have problems with the Android App.  The most recent one finally from the Playstore will not work on my Galaxy S5 phone as two of the buttons do not show up on the screen and I can not launch the drone.  The buttons do show up on my Tab 10.1 but then the application closed each time. 

When I revert back to the prior version of the App on my Galaxy S5 it works but I can not get out of beginner mode and the FPV freezes up.

(03-15-2017, 09:44 AM)tommyb6101 Wrote: Try going to settings, then display on your phones. Then on "text size", reduce it to "small". You then should have access to all of the buttons.

(03-15-2017, 12:29 AM)griegert Wrote: I purchased a Wingsland s6 folding drone from Gens Ace and am looking for others with this drone to help me.  I only have access to Android devices and have tried 2 Galaxy phones and 2 tablets.  Each have problems with the Android App.  The most recent one finally from the Playstore will not work on my Galaxy S5 phone as two of the buttons do not show up on the screen and I can not launch the drone.  The buttons do show up on my Tab 10.1 but then the application closed each time. 

Tommy,

That worked!  So simple but I missed it.  Thanks for the help.  Any idea if there is an S6 forum that might answer other questions like the FPV freezing or getting out of beginner mode?

Greg
(03-15-2017, 07:18 PM)griegert Wrote: Tommy,

That worked!  So simple but I missed it.  Thanks for the help.  Any idea if there is an S6 forum that might answer other questions like the FPV freezing or getting out of beginner mode?

Greg

Try the facebook Wingsland S6 Drone Owners Group...it's kind of depressing though because almost everone posting is having problems with their S6.  The FPV freezing is pretty common, also beginner mode is the only mode working right now...we're all hoping (and being told by the rep) that upcoming firmware updates will eventually get everything "up to speed".  Unfortunately the S6 firmware is still kind of a "work in progress".  Good luck, and keep your fingers crossed for all of us!!
(03-15-2017, 07:18 PM)griegert Wrote: Tommy,

Greg

I received my S6 back in Jan, and the freezing is a hit our miss. The most recent update has fixed some of this freezing, but i think its hitting a limit on wireless hardware on the phone. I dont know if they are using 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz for video, but switch the quality the FPV LIVE FEED from 720P to 480P will help the broadcasting.

A snap shoot of your firmware screen, while the drone is connected, can help me figure out which firmware update you're on.

If needed, here is a link to the current firmware

http://www.szsungreen.com/support.php?SId=1&ProId=32

Hope this helps!

Jerry

Which verison of the app do you have?
And clicking the paper thing by the users name takes you to the last post? Thanks so much
This game is simple. The goal is to have the last post. Now, admins are not allowed to just lock the game because they want to be last, that would be cheating...

Seeing how this is the last post as of now, I have already won. :nana:
Its not hand coded, it is using a phpBB board, but with modifications added. modifications made by myself, and by some other people too

The last post thing.. there is already a "last post" column, im not exactly sure what you are asking?
It beith June now and the last post was made in May :3 so far each new post on this topic has been made sometime during the next month though this is only the third time, this trend will probably break