Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW TO STORAGE THE BATTERY
I was asked by many people what exactly is the correct way to store a battery. Here i would like to share my recomendation of storing a battery. This is also used by many battery manufacturers. 

1. Do not directly connect the terminals with metal objects. This will short-circuit Batteries, resulting in heat and electrical discharge.

2. Never store loose Batteries together, the Batteries' terminals may contact one another causing a short circuit. 

3. Never storage Batteries to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
The battery should be stored within -10℃ ~ 45℃ range environmental condition. If the battery has to be stored for a long time (Over 3 months), the environmental condition should be:
Temperature: 23±5℃Humidity: 65±20%RHThe voltage for a long time storage should be 3.6V~3.9V range per cell.[Image: gens-ace-5000mah.jpg]4. Always disconnect Batteries when not in use and store Batteries in a non-conductive and fireproof container.5. Never alter, puncture or impact Batteries or related components.
Power-Sonic Batteries should not be stored in a discharged state or at elevated temperatures. If a battery has been discharged for some time or the load was left on indefinitely, it may not readily take a charge. To overcome this, leave the charger connected and the battery should eventually begin to accept charge. Although Power-Sonic batteries have a low self-discharge rate which permits storage of a fully charged battery for up to a year, it is recommended that a battery be charged 6-9 months after receipt to account for storage from the date of manufacture to the date of purchase. Otherwise, permanent loss of capacity might occur as a result of sulfation. To prolong shelf life without charging, store batteries at 10 degrees Celsius or less.